Thursday, August 1, 2013

Totti showed that class is permanent

AS Roma schooled the MLS All-Stars in 3-1 victory

Italian giants dominated the game, as Totti stood out as the star performer


It wasn't a huge surprise to see the MLS team lose to Roma, and for those of you who hadn't seen much of Francesco Totti (or Frank as he's known to me), there was a real lesson in vision, technique and awareness. Frank may move like a 36 year-old, but he proved why he's the second leading scorer in Serie A history with 227 goals. Frank showed last night why he's known as Il Re di Roma (The King of Rome), but his display wasn't a surprise to me. I witnessed the Rome derby at the Stadio Olimpico in 2002 (and got tear-gassed with my Dad) when Roma beat Lazio 5-1. Vincenzo Montella scored 4 and was outstanding, but then Frank did this and I almost started crying (but I'm going to blame the tear gas!!).



No comments:

Post a Comment