Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Should we support different teams in Europe?

My team is never making the Champions League, not unless a Middle Eastern or Russian billionaire wants to become a legitimate British 'businessman' and fancies investing in East London (it worked for Roman).

So should we support other teams from our country in European tournaments?

Should Newcastle fans support Manchester United? Lyon fans support PSG? Inter fans support Juventus? Bilbao fans support Real Madrid?

Think about it. Some of these fans don't want to be part of the same country, others won't allow family members to marry someone who supports another team at the weekend. I don't buy the whole 'patriotic' argument. I'd rather be known as a fan of my team, than be labeled as a nationality - I at least got to choose one of them - controversial? Maybe. Bothered? Not at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment